Caesar Chicken Potato Salad
Here in Texas, we seem to have summer year-round. So quick-to-fix dishes like this that get you in and out of the kitchen are popular.
—Sarita Johnston, San Antonio, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups quartered small white or red potatoes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup croutons
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute chicken in oil for 5-10 minutes or
- until juices run clear. Drain potatoes; add to chicken.
- Place greens and onion in a serving bowl. Top with chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and
- Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.