Caesar Chicken Burgers Recipe
“My family loves this casual mainstay recipe and, since it’s so easy to make, we enjoy it often. It’s great on the barbecue in summer. During winter months, I use the oven or indoor grill to fix it.” Andrea VanDinter - Prince George, British Columbia
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill on an indoor grill coated with cooking spray for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Grill onion slices for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, spread butter over cut sides of buns. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- 3. Toss romaine with cheese and 1/4 cup dressing; spoon onto bun bottoms. Top with onions, chicken and remaining dressing. Replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 416 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC