Caesar Asparagus Recipe
“This delicious dish is an easy way to get my daughter to eat asparagus. Sometimes, I make the croutons from focaccia bread. They add another dimension of texture and flavor.” —Patsy Phillips, Sanford, North Carolina
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss the asparagus, bread, oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bread is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, cheese, sugar, mustard, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk in the oil. Drizzle 1/4 cup over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 218 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Caesar Asparagus
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC