Caesar Asparagus Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss the asparagus, bread, oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bread is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, cheese, sugar, mustard, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk in the oil. Drizzle 1/4 cup over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 218 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Caesar Asparagus
"We thought this was absolutely delicious. The croutons bake while the asparagus roasts, all in one easy step, and the caesar vinaigrette adds the finishing, flavorful touch. I put the asparagus, olive oil, bread, salt & pepper into a sealed zip-top bag to combine, rather than tossing them together in a bowl. Much easier and less mess."