Cacciatore Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and set aside.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper to the skillet. Stir in onion mixture and heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 272 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cacciatore Chicken Breasts
"My husband really liked this, I added some swiss cheese to it as well."
"I thought the recipe looked a little plain but it was delicious!I doubled the veggies and sauce ingredients; and also salt & peppered the chicken before cooking it."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.