Cacciatore Chicken Breasts
JoAnn McCauley of Dubuque, Iowa shares her version of traditional Chicken Cacciatore with this easy recipe. The tasty sauce and chicken can be served over rice or noodles. If you want to lower the sodium, use garlic powder instead of garlic salt.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until
- crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high
- heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove
- and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper to the
- skillet. Stir in onion mixture and heat through. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetables equals 272 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable,