Cacciatore Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper to the skillet. Stir in onion mixture and heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cacciatore Chicken Breasts(2)
Sort By :
My husband really liked this, I added some swiss cheese to it as well.
I thought the recipe looked a little plain but it was delicious!
I doubled the veggies and sauce ingredients; and also salt & peppered the chicken before cooking it.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Cacciatore >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >