JoAnn McCauley of Dubuque, Iowa shares her version of traditional Chicken Cacciatore with this easy recipe. The tasty sauce and chicken can be served over rice or noodles. If you want to lower the sodium, use garlic powder instead of garlic salt.
Recommended: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper to the skillet. Stir in onion mixture and heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cacciatore Chicken Breasts in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p39
Reviews forCacciatore Chicken Breasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2012
"My husband really liked this, I added some swiss cheese to it as well."
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"I thought the recipe looked a little plain but it was delicious!I doubled the veggies and sauce ingredients; and also salt & peppered the chicken before cooking it."