My family named this dish because I served it when we vacationed at our cabin on the Mississippi River. Now it's become such a favorite that I often make it when we're home.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 medium potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes, ham and onion in butter,
- stirring frequently, until potatoes are lightly browned. Add
- broccoli; heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with sour
- cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 308 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.