Cabbage Wraps Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup instant brown rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 8 large leaves for rolls. (Refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use.) Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture on each reserved cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, basil, thyme and sugar. Spread half on the bottom of an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cabbage rolls and remaining tomato sauce mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Wraps(4)
Sort By :
My husband & I both enjoyed this recipe. It wasn't too labor intensive and the flavor was really good. Just as a tip - I found that it took about 15 minutes of boiling the cabbage for it to fall off the head.
A bit time consuming, but worth it! My family loves this recipe and I make it often.
This is a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >