Cabbage With Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion until the sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; simmer for 1 hour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven; saute cabbage over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter; top with the meat sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Cabbage With Meat Sauce
"I have been making this recipe for years and decided it was time I reviewed it. This is delicious, my whole family loves it. Such a nice change from pasta"
"Delicious and easy to make. We used Bob Evans Italian style pork sausage for a little more zip. We added a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to each serving."