Cabbage With Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion until the sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; simmer for 1 hour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven; saute cabbage over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter; top with the meat sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 295 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Cabbage With Meat Sauce
"I have been making this recipe for years and decided it was time I reviewed it. This is delicious, my whole family loves it. Such a nice change from pasta"
"Delicious and easy to make. We used Bob Evans Italian style pork sausage for a little more zip. We added a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to each serving."