A flavorful meat sauce is served over thinly sliced cabbage—instead of hot cooked noodles—for a deliciously different dish.—Janet Carter, Tullahoma, Tennessee
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- In a skillet, cook sausage, green pepper and onion until the sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; simmer for 1 hour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven; saute cabbage over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter; top with the meat sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage With Meat Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p41
Reviews for Cabbage With Meat Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2015
"I have been making this recipe for years and decided it was time I reviewed it. This is delicious, my whole family loves it. Such a nice change from pasta"