Cabbage with Herb Butter Recipe
Even folks who don't usually care for cabbage will love this side dish. A perfectly seasoned herb butter makes it irresistible.—Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place cabbage in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the butter, chives, onions, parsley, lemon juice and thyme. Drain cabbage; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the herb butter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 193 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC