Cabbage with Herb Butter Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place cabbage in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the butter, chives, onions, parsley, lemon juice and thyme. Drain cabbage; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the herb butter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 193 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Cabbage with Herb Butter
"this was very good and perfect for people that aren't crazy about the taste of cabbage. i'll keep it as a go to for company but i like my cabbage a little more straight -forward."