Cabbage with Herb Butter Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place cabbage in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the butter, chives, onions, parsley, lemon juice and thyme. Drain cabbage; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the herb butter; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 193 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cabbage with Herb Butter
"this was very good and perfect for people that aren't crazy about the taste of cabbage. i'll keep it as a go to for company but i like my cabbage a little more straight -forward."