Cabbage Wedges with Beef Recipe
"When you're pinching pennies, you look for filling meals with inexpensive ingredients," Sue VanDlac writes from her home in Everett, Washington. "This skillet dinner is always a hit. I love preparing it for my family."
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, celery and green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and salt; add to skillet. Stir in the oats, parsley, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Core the cabbage and cut into six wedges; arrange over meat mixture. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 932mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Cabbage Wedges with Beef
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC