Cabbage-Tomato Pasta Toss Recipe
Here's an unusual combination of ingredients that blend very well together. It's a nice side dish for any beef entree.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, basil and parsley; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the cabbage during the last 2 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the bread crumbs, almonds and garlic in oil and butter for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Drain pasta and cabbage; place in a large bowl. Add tomato and crumb mixtures; toss. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 385 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC