Here's an unusual combination of ingredients that blend very well together. It's a nice side dish for any beef entree.
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, basil and parsley; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the cabbage during the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the bread crumbs, almonds and garlic in oil and butter for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain pasta and cabbage; place in a large bowl. Add tomato and crumb mixtures; toss. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage-Tomato Pasta Toss in Country August/September 2000, p51
Reviews for Cabbage-Tomato Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2010
"We love this cabbage dish. I saute the cabbage instead of cooking it."