Folks are sure to comment on the great blend of spices and the hearty addition of cabbage in this soup.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 quart water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat and onion; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 hours. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Cabbage Soup in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p92
Reviews for Cabbage Soup with Ground Turkey and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review