Cabbage Sloppy Joes Recipe
"Many friends think these tangy sandwiches are regular sloppy joes," relates Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon. "The crunchy cabbage is a delicious and healthy way to stretch the number of servings."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, cabbage, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,085 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC