This recipe proves that homemade coleslaw doesn't have to mean a lot of fuss. You can make it in a moment's notice and serve it with a variety of foods.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a food processor or by hand, coarsely chop the cabbage and carrot.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar, salt,
- pepper and celery seed. Stir into the cabbage mixture. Chill until
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 347 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.