"My husband and I love this mildly sweet cabbage alongside chicken or turkey," reports Dorothy Phillips of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. At 17 cents s serving, it's inexpensive...and easy to prepare.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add carrots;
- cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients;
- bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 65 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.