Cabbage Sausage Supper Recipe
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper(21)
Sort By :
Just so happens I do have small headcabbage calling my name today, plus pulled sausage from freezer not knowibng what to make for dinner! Apopears as though it's this. LOL!
I'm a new diabetic and was really pleased with this recipe. I substituted cauliflower for the potatoes as was suggested by an earlier review. It was a very pleasing combination and easy to prepare.
Good basic recipe! The sausage is the flavoring. Substitute the potatoes with cauliflower to remove carbs ;)
A little salt and pepper and this was wonderful. It doesn't get any easier than that. This will definitely be put into rotation at my place.
I loved it with the potatoes but you might try substituting with cauliflower.