- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"I cut the recipe in half so I only used half a head of cabbage. Although I thought the recipe was delicious, I thought it had very little cabbage in it. I would consider using two heads if I made it as described in the recipe."
"I loved this meal! It was filling and wholesome served with whole grain biscuits :) I used a little less of a different brand of sausage and added chopped garlic. I also had to add extra water because I used a stock pot instead of a dutch oven."
"TONIGHTS SUPPER!!!! This is the 2nd time this month I'm making this but it is a very economical meal doesn't take long and is super easy to make love eveything about this meal?????"
"Just so happens I do have small headcabbage calling my name today, plus pulled sausage from freezer not knowibng what to make for dinner! Apopears as though it's this. LOL!"
"I'm a new diabetic and was really pleased with this recipe. I substituted cauliflower for the potatoes as was suggested by an earlier review. It was a very pleasing combination and easy to prepare."