- 2 pounds smoked sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"I have this cooking and it smells freaking amazing! I can't wait! 3 more minutes! :)"
"Another Taste of Home success! My husband and I each had 2 helpings! I halved the recipe, and will add more cabbage next time. This time I also added garlic salt, black pepper and paprika per previous suggestions. And I plan to try it with adding green beans, like someone else suggested, next time. ! A definite keep here!"
"Very good, will make again"
"Good! Added some red pepper flakes and garlic."
"My mother used to make this, with a few changes... Lightly brown onions, sausage, carrots, and a tart apple peeled and cut into large pieces in butter. Replace the 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup beer (anything will do) and 1/4 cup apple juice. Add a healthy pinch of dill, dried or fresh, and simmer covered for 20 min. Add potatoes and cook covered for 15 min. Add cabbage, cover and cook for another 10 min."