- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper
Sort By :
"Good! Added some red pepper flakes and garlic."
"My mother used to make this, with a few changes... Lightly brown onions, sausage, carrots, and a tart apple peeled and cut into large pieces in butter. Replace the 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup beer (anything will do) and 1/4 cup apple juice. Add a healthy pinch of dill, dried or fresh, and simmer covered for 20 min. Add potatoes and cook covered for 15 min. Add cabbage, cover and cook for another 10 min."
"I cut the recipe in half so I only used half a head of cabbage. Although I thought the recipe was delicious, I thought it had very little cabbage in it. I would consider using two heads if I made it as described in the recipe."
"I loved this meal! It was filling and wholesome served with whole grain biscuits :) I used a little less of a different brand of sausage and added chopped garlic. I also had to add extra water because I used a stock pot instead of a dutch oven."
"TONIGHTS SUPPER!!!! This is the 2nd time this month I'm making this but it is a very economical meal doesn't take long and is super easy to make love eveything about this meal?????"