"Everyone is surprised at how this flavorful combination calls for just a few ingredients," comments Ruby Williams from Bogalusa, Louisiana. "I complete the meal with a no-bake fruit dessert."
- 2 pounds smoked sausage, halved and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the cabbage and water. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Sausage Supper in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p19
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review