Cabbage Sausage Stew Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small head cabbage, cubed
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage until lightly browned. Add potatoes, cabbage and onion. Sprinkle with the oregano, brown sugar and salt if desired and pepper. Pour tomatoes over all. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes and cabbage are tender. Serve in bowls. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 152 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Stew
"I didn't know how I was going to like this recipe, but it turned out to be really good. It was one of those recipes that I couldn't stop eating."