"Because we live an hour's drive from work, I want something fast and easy to prepare for dinner when I get home," relates Pauline Rye of Titus, Alabama. "This flavorful combination of sausage, potatoes and cabbage makes a filling supper served with a salad and rolls."
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small head cabbage, cubed
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- In a skillet, cook sausage until lightly browned. Add potatoes, cabbage and onion. Sprinkle with the oregano, brown sugar and salt if desired and pepper. Pour tomatoes over all. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes and cabbage are tender. Serve in bowls. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Sausage Stew in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p33
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2011
"I didn't know how I was going to like this recipe, but it turned out to be really good. It was one of those recipes that I couldn't stop eating."