Cabbage Sausage Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small cabbage, chopped (about 10 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- In a Dutch oven, bring broth, cabbage and onion to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add sausage; heat through.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Cabbage Sausage Soup(11)
Sort By :
I try to get my BF to eat more vegetable. He usually doesn't like cooked cabbage, until this one. I added a teaspoon of Italian seasoning just because I like the smell of it.
5 stars. Have made this numerous times over the years since it was published. Excellent!
So simple and so delicious! A definite keeper! I doubled the recipe, grilled my sausage first, and added a box of white wine, rosemary, thyme and oregano chicken broth, along with regular chicken broth. Plan to add sliced carrots next time, after reading others reviews.
Great recipe (Can you say "Comfort Food"). I took other reviewers advise and used less then 1/2 the salt that was called for. sprinkled in a little garlic powder and magically I had a great bowl of soup. Will definitely make again.
Awesome soup-everyone loved it and so easy,small amount of ingredients, A keeper! I used smoked turkey sausage to make it heart healthy-worked great!