Cabbage Rolls Recipe
SINCE our three daughters are now away from home, I cook just for the two of us. However, sometimes I like to prepare larger amounts while I'm in the kitchen so I can freeze some for later. These cabbage rolls make a hearty and tasty meal when accompanied by slices of old-fashioned rye bread. —Lucille Proctor Panguitch, Utah
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is not longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and egg; mix well.
- 2. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each cabbage leaf. Fold in sides and roll up leaf; place with seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Pour juice over rolls; sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC