Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 1/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is not longer pink; drain. Stir in rice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and egg; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each cabbage leaf. Fold in sides and roll up leaf; place with seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Pour juice over rolls; sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Rolls
Sort By :
Thank you TOH!!! I have used and copied down this recipe before. Somehow I lost it among all my recipe books and copied recipes. We are having this tonight. . .as I remembered where I originally got it. By the way, TOH also has a very good video on how to assemble. I am making two copies right now. We all need to eat more cabbage. . .this is an excellent way to get those good vitamins into our system. By the way, I will shred the rest of the cabbage for veggie soup and green salads!!
Comment: At top it says recipe serves 4 but at bottom it says, Serves 2.