- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid; coarsely chop tomatoes. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, seasonings, chopped tomatoes and reserved liquid.
- Add cabbage and pepper; cook, covered, 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Roll Skillet
"I made this for dinner tonight. It was very good and easy to make. I did not add the green pepper and I added the rice to the cabbage mixture instead of serving the cabbage over the top. We liked it a lot and I will be using this recipe again and again."
"Tried this recipe for New Year's Day. It was YUMMY!!!"