- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Drain plum tomatoes, reserving liquid; coarsely chop tomatoes. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, seasonings and the canned tomatoes and reserved liquid.
- Add cabbage and green pepper; cook, covered, 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until cabbage is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Roll Skillet in Taste of Home December 2015, p30
Reviews for Cabbage Roll Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2016
"Tried this recipe for New Year's Day. It was YUMMY!!!"