Cabbage Roll Bake Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 pounds chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, tomato sauce, tomatoes, rice, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour broth over the mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 233 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.