Cabbage Roll Bake
"I love the foods of my grandparents' native Poland but not the high calories and long preparation time," shares Jill Bednarek of Madison Heights, Michigan. "So I adapted this easy recipe that tastes remarkably like the cabbage rolls my mother learned to make from her mother."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 pounds chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage,
- tomato sauce, tomatoes, rice, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper; mix
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour broth over the mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour;
- stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 233 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,