"I love the foods of my grandparents' native Poland but not the high calories and long preparation time," shares Jill Bednarek of Madison Heights, Michigan. "So I adapted this easy recipe that tastes remarkably like the cabbage rolls my mother learned to make from her mother."
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 pounds chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, tomato sauce, tomatoes, rice, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour broth over the mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Roll Bake in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p63
Reviews for Cabbage Roll Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review