- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 pounds chopped cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the cabbage, tomato sauce, tomatoes, rice, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour broth over the mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour; stir. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Roll Bake
Sort By :
"My extremely picky meat-and-potatoes husband and I love this! I have made it twice and made a few changes the second time to make it perfect for us. I used 90% lean ground beef,I precooked the cabbage in a steamer basket, I did not drain the diced tomatoes and I added an 8oz. can of plain tomato sauce for a little more "tomato-saucy" flavor. Leftovers taste even better the next day. FYI: I weighed the cabbage on my little scale both before and after steaming, then measured it. It was 4 cups of cooked cabbage. I will make this again many times."
"Used Tomato Soup instead of Sauce; left out the thyme. It needed some more garlic and pepper and the addition of crushed red pepper flakes to suit our taste."
"Anybody tried to covert to a slow cooker recipe with success?"