For a quick and easy side dish, try this recipe. The cabbage is so flavorful with the butter and vinegar.—Jeann Jones, Ogema, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated raw potato
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a saucepan, cook cabbage in water until tender, stirring
- occasionally; drain. Add potato, butter, salt and pepper. Stir in
- vinegar. Cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 50 calories, 179 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 3 gm fat.