Cabbage Picnic Salad
THE nice sweet and sour blend enhances all the ingredients in this salad. Slightly different than cole slaw, it’s a good dish to bring to pot-lucks and picnics. It keeps well and the taste is refreshing.
2 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fennel fronds, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, honey and salt to a boil.
- Stir in the cabbage, carrot, green pepper and onion. Return to a
- Remove from the heat; stir in fennel if desired. Cool. Transfer to a
- small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 111 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.