- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 large heads cabbage, shredded
- 8 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in celery seed. Cool completely.
- In two large bowls, combine the cabbage, carrots and onions. Add the celery seed mixture, sour cream, salt, pepper and mustard; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 48-55 (3/4 cup) servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Patch Coleslaw in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p17
Reviews for Cabbage Patch Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2013
"This slaw is EXCELLENT. Won't use another recipe. We use it when preparing dinners at our VFW Post."