This side dish has broad appeal and is nice and crispy. Sour cream blends well with the cider vinegar, oil and seasonings in the dressing.—Betty Otten, Tea, South Dakota
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 large heads cabbage, shredded
- 8 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in celery seed. Cool completely.
- In two large bowls, combine the cabbage, carrots and onions. Add the celery seed mixture, sour cream, salt, pepper and mustard; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 48-55 (3/4 cup) servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Patch Coleslaw in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p17
Reviews for Cabbage Patch Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review