Cabbage Kielbasa Supper Recipe
- 8 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cabbage, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Pour broth over vegetables. Top with kielbasa (slow cooker will be full, but cabbage will cook down).
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 442 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,958 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer