Cabbage Kielbasa Supper Recipe
If you're a fan of German food, you'll enjoy this traditional combination of sausage, cabbage and potatoes from Margery Bryan. "This hearty main dish is so good," says the Royal City, Washington reader. "All you need is a bowl of fruit and dinner's ready."
- 8 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cabbage, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Pour broth over vegetables. Top with kielbasa (slow cooker will be full, but cabbage will cook down).
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 442 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,958 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC