If you're a fan of German food, you'll enjoy this traditional combination of sausage, cabbage and potatoes from Margery Bryan. "This hearty main dish is so good," says the Royal City, Washington reader. "All you need is a bowl of fruit and dinner's ready."
- 8 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into serving-size pieces
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cabbage, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Pour broth over vegetables. Top with kielbasa (slow cooker will be full, but cabbage will cook down).
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Kielbasa Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p53
Reviews for Cabbage Kielbasa Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review