- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 10 cups shredded cabbage
- In a large kettle, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cabbage Goulash
Sort By :
"I have been looking for this receipe for a long time as this was something my MOM made for my DAD and 2 brothers..a good fall dish or winter dish after you have been out in the cold weather for a couple of hours !! it actually is better the day after..serve it with hot bisquits or crusty bread which you 'dunk' the the soup. thnx Taste of Home :)"
"It wasn't the worst thing I've ever had, but I thought it left a lot to be desired. It just didn't seem like the ingredients really meshed together. No one at my house was crazy about it."
"I used leftover cooked beef. I added one quart home canned tomatoes chopped instead of diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Some did not think they would like it, but they did."
"cut recipe in half and used ground beef, great dish"
"I cut this recipe in half and used left over roast beef instead of the ground beef and sausage. It turned out awesome! I will be making this again. Great dish!"