Cabbage Goulash Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 10 cups shredded cabbage
- 1. In a large kettle, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.