Cabbage Fruit Salad
This salad goes well with all meatsit's especially good at barbecuesand fish. I recently served it at the Prayer Brunch of our local women's club.
After 55 years of marriage, I'm a wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother doing the things I like to do...and cooking's on top of that list!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grape halves
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, oranges, apples, grapes and currants;
- cover and refrigerate. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise,
- milk, lemon juice, sugar and salt; cover and refrigerate. Just
- before serving, stir dressing and pecans into salad. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 228 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.