Cabbage Chowder Recipe
This creamy, tasty soup is the perfect dish for a cool winter day. I love the caraway seeds which provide a wonderful flavor.—Doris Ratcliff, Stouffville, Ontario
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1. In a large kettle, combine the carrots, butter and caraway seeds; cook over low heat until the carrots are just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add soup, water, milk, cabbage and sausage. Bring to boil; reduce heat and cook until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 282 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 988 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC