VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- In a large kettle, combine the carrots, butter and caraway seeds; cook over low heat until the carrots are just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soup, water, milk, cabbage and sausage. Bring to boil; reduce heat and cook until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Cabbage Chowder in Country Woman January/February 1993, p35
Reviews forCabbage Chowder
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2011
"I added chicken bouillon, garlic, onion, and pepper. My husband loved it except for the caraway (he's not a fan in general)."