- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- In a large kettle, combine the carrots, butter and caraway seeds; cook over low heat until the carrots are just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soup, water, milk, cabbage and sausage. Bring to boil; reduce heat and cook until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Cabbage Chowder in Country Woman January/February 1993, p35
Reviews for Cabbage Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review