"We were on a tight budget when I was little, so my mother often made this refreshing salad that fit our pocketbook as well as our taste buds," pens Heather Myrick from Southaven, Mississippi. Nicely priced at 48¢ a serving, it can be a light supper or a crunchy complement to sandwiches.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Set seasoning packet from noodles aside. Crumble the noodles into a large bowl; add the cabbage, chicken, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, water, oil, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packets; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p41
Reviews for Cabbage Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review