- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Set seasoning packet from noodles aside. Crumble the noodles into a large bowl; add the cabbage, chicken, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, water, oil, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packets; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCabbage Chicken Salad
"It was easy to make however, I agree that it did have a strong vinegar taste to it. Replacing some of it with water would probably help. It was good despite this, my husband enjoyed it also...no complaints from him about the vinegar taste."
"One of my favorite "go-to's." The entire family LOVES it. easy and inexpensive to make. A definite winner. I pair it with Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodles."
"This is one of our favorites - both to eat at home, and to take to potlucks. I've probably made this more than any other recipe from here."
"It had too much vinegar for our taste. I would use half the vinegar if I made it again."
"The first time I had this salad was when I lived in Saudi Arabia. I some lost the recipe and could not find a substitute till now. I couldn't wait the 8 hours I had to eat a bowl of it as soon as I tried it. Thank you!"
"easy, cheap, and tasty.I brought this to a reunion and had good comments on it."