- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Set seasoning packet from noodles aside. Crumble the noodles into a large bowl; add the cabbage, chicken, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, water, oil, salt, pepper and contents of seasoning packets; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Chicken Salad
"One of my favorite "go-to's." The entire family LOVES it. Easy and inexpensive to make. A definite winner. I pair it with Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame Noodles."
"This is one of our favorites - both to eat at home, and to take to potlucks. I've probably made this more than any other recipe from here."
"It had too much vinegar for our taste. I would use half the vinegar if I made it again."
"The first time I had this salad was when I lived in Saudi Arabia. I some lost the recipe and could not find a substitute till now. I couldn't wait the 8 hours I had to eat a bowl of it as soon as I tried it. Thank you!"
"Easy, cheap, and tasty.I brought this to a reunion and had good comments on it."