Cabbage Cheddar Casserole Recipe
The flavors really blend well in this casserole. The crunch of the cornflakes adds to the texture contrast.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Spoon over top; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving equals 367 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC