- 2-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Spoon over top; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage Cheddar Casserole(5)
Sort By :
This was so good! I made it last night and my husband really enjoyed it. If I make it again I will use less butter with the cornflakes. Maybe reduced fat cheese as well.
Great way to get children to eat cabbage because it's disguised
This was great! Wonderful surprise. The entire family asked for more!
What a wonderful surprise. I thought this might be good but was very good. Even my husband loved it and he does not like cabbage! Definitely a keeper.
This was wonderful. The fat content was very high but a recipe I will use occasionally. It got rave reviews at church lunch.