The flavors really blend well in this casserole. The crunch of the cornflakes adds to the texture contrast.
- 2-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cabbage, onion, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Spoon over top; sprinkle with cheese and remaining cornflake mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Cabbage Casserole in Country Extra November 2001, p51
Reviews for Cabbage Cheddar Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review