Cabbage Casserole Recipe
Even those who don't care for cabbage will enjoy it make this way. This tangy, creamy, comforting side dish goes exceptionally well with pork roast. —Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Cook cabbage in boiling water until tender; drain thoroughly. In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in soup. Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC