I have fond memories of Mom making this home-style supper in our farmhouse kitchen. The mild cabbage flavor appeals to everyone. - Nancy Mathiowetz, Hector, Minnesota.
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture; toss gently. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Spread soups over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no
- longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
You can easily use any kind of cream soup for the cream of mushroom in Cabbage Casserole.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.