Cabbage Beef Stew Recipe
This is one of my favorite meals since I don't have to stand over the stove or dirty a lot of pots and pans to prepare it. I often rely on this one-pot meal to feed my family of six.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 reduced-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown stew met; drain. Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon cubes in water; add to beef. Add onion, pepper and bay leaf. Cover; simmer 1-1/4 hours or until tender. Add potatoes, celery, cabbage and carrot.
- 2. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato sauce and seasoning blend. Simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes more. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 272 calories, 10g fat (0g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cabbage Beef Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC