Cabbage Au Gratin Recipe
I think this recipe is the perfect example of "Mom's Sunday Best". It was a favorite with me and my 10 brothers and sisters. We thought Mom was the world's best cook and she always outdid herself on Sundays!— Linda Funderburke, Brockport, New York
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large covered saucepan, cook cabbage in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, blend soup and milk; heat well. Add cheese and stir until melted. Pour over cabbage. Saute bread crumbs in butter until golden; sprinkle over cabbage. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until hot. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 111 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 436mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cabbage Au Gratin
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC