Cabbage Au Gratin
I think this recipe is the perfect example of "Mom's Sunday Best". It was a favorite with me and my 10 brothers and sisters. We thought Mom was the world's best cook and she always outdid herself on Sundays!— Linda Funderburke, Brockport, New York
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large covered saucepan, cook cabbage in boiling salted water for
- 5 minutes; drain. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, blend soup and milk; heat well. Add cheese and
- stir until melted. Pour over cabbage. Saute bread crumbs in butter
- until golden; sprinkle over cabbage. Bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until hot. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.