Cabbage and Potato Side Dish Recipe
This is an excellent side dish to serve with pork chops and beans. It has a wonderful old-fashioned flavor and is a refreshing change from plain potatoes and other vegetables.
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, red and green pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Add hash browns; cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in ham, cabbage, salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC