This is an excellent side dish to serve with pork chops and beans. It has a wonderful old-fashioned flavor and is a refreshing change from plain potatoes and other vegetables.
Featured In: 30 Timeless Family Recipes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, red and green pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Add hash browns; cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in ham, cabbage, salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage and Potato Side Dish in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p58
Reviews for Cabbage and Potato Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2013
"So easy, quick and flavorful. I will definatley make this again!"